Monday, October 12, 2009

Semester 3, week 3, class 7 and 8

This week, we made mousse cakes.
My side of the class made champagne mousse.
The other side made cassis but we switch and get one each and decorate one each.
We did some prep day one and then some more on day two as well as put them together.
On day three we finished them up.
I don't have many pics but here are some of day one and two.

The side for the mousse cake.

Putting that shiz together.

It wasn't actual champagne.. Not gonna lie.. it was sparkling wine.

Mix that up.

The cake had a lining of black current puree in it.. mmm damn yeah it was guuud.


Top that shit off, make it nice and smooth, add some mirroir glaze (which I suck again, and didn't get a pic of... hey now, class gets busy... ) and your done for the day! w00t.

Annnnnd the left over mousse which was nasty as hell by itself. Barf.
I'll post pics of the finished cakes as soon as I get em off my homie Jess' cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment