Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Semester 2, week 6, class 18

Today we made Boston Cream Pies.
They're not really pies... but apparently called that cuz they're made in a pie tin,
and in all honesty.. I've never seen one before today.
And I was wicked sick, so it was awesome standing all morning making these.
I'm surprised they came out decent, in consideration to how out of it I was.

The pie cut up, filled with pastry cream.
Put the tops back on
(ugh whys blogger keep rotating my pics..)

All done up
the 2 in the front have better whipped cream.
Someone in class made the cream for the ones in the back annnd it fucking sucked.

I ated one. All the cream made me feel even more sick, but it was pretty good.
The fondant was a bit much though.

Boston cream pie.
Sponge cake, filled with pastry cream, chocolate fondant glaze, and white fondant drizzle, with whipped cream piping.

No comments:

Post a Comment