Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Semester 2, week 8, class 21

Today, was another prep day.
We are making Opera Cake, and Petit Four Sec, which is not quite the same as the Petit Four Glace, but similar concept.
An Opera Cake is a I think a 7 layer cake, consisting of an Almond sponge, chocolate coating, rum simple syrup, Ganache, Coffee Butter Cream, and Glaze.

It was a rush-rush day due to the fact that again, we got in 30 minutes late.... Thanks to the class in front of us. I don't quite blame them because I had that teacher last semester and my class always ran late as well.

so, here are some shitty pics.
The coffee butter cream.
The Almond Sponge base covered in Rum Simple Syrup (looks so gross lol, I swear its not tho)
Really awful picture of the chocolate coating.
The Rum Simple Syrup
mixing the cookie doughs for the Petit Four Secs.
The Ginger ..something.. I forget.
There were 2 other kinds I can't seem to remember.
But I'll find out.

Don't forget...









J/K!

No comments:

Post a Comment